Sunday, March 6, 2016

Avoiding Scams: Tips & Tricks

As AJ says "Avoid scammers, use the trade system!" We will be showing signs of a scam, and how to avoid them.

Some of the worst and most common scams happen with gifting, if someone says "gift me a spike, I will gift back a head dress" it's most likely  a scam. . If this happens to you, simply ask them "Why can't I just trade my spike for your head dress?" {Or change the words to fit a different scenario} What usually happens is they leave immediately after, so that you can't report them. So, if you feel like its a scam from the start, then write down their username, or memorize it, so that if they do leave you can still report them for scamming.

 You should never report someone without proof, especially scamming. I have learned this when I {Desertprimrose} was reported for scamming, and I didn't do anything wrong. I said,"Gift me, I will gift back!" and it was not a scam, because I really did gift back. If this has ever happened to you, then you understand, because I got my gifting and trading disabled for three days.

 Lots of members or take advantage of non-members and lots of older Jammers take advantage of the New Jammers. By this I mean, someone could tell a New Jammer that something is beta, when its not, so that  they could get an over trade. This is technically a scam but without proof you cannot report them.

More tips and tricks on how to avoid scamming coming soon! Until then follow the AJ rules and avoid scammers!

No comments:

Post a Comment